Re: copy large amounts of data to MSSQL

From: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 04:38:19 -0800

Thanks for the ideas. We want to avoid having the Cloud instance have a direct connection to our database, hence why we want to push instead. Plus that works out better for our users, when they are done processing orders they initiate the send to the cloud vendor. This will be a multi day event to push to MSSQL.
I've been testng with 5000 rows, right now it is taking 2.5 minutes before it was 6-8 minutes. I believe the latency to OCI is fluctuating, currently I am getting 14ms ping times, however it is early in the morning here in California as I am working on a 19c upgrade. We've had ping latency in the upper 60ms ranges and we've experience a lot worse around 8:30am with packet loss.

I was thinking the same thing about a Perl or Python script "might" be faster. Any one happen to have a sample of that?