Re: Re: Does Anybody know this parameter: is_recur_flags

From: Jonathan Lewis <jlewisoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 11:33:18 +0000

There are lots of "optimizer environment" parameters which aren't database parameters - I think there may be a few that can be set explicitly. I suspect that some of them are cursor specific, some session specific, and I don't know whether any of them are system-wide.

Running a quick query in 19.3 against the x$ under v$sys_optimizer_env and x$ksppi view I can see 47 "parameters" in the optimizer environment that don't appear as startup parameters:

select

        pname_qkscesyrow name
from

        x$qkscesys
minus
select

        ksppinm
from

        x$ksppi
/

And another example of the quirks of parameters: alter session set use_stored_outline = true;

use_stored_outlines isn't a startup parameter, nor does it appear as an optimizer environment parameter when it really looks as if it should.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis