Lost Write Protect / ASM Diskgroup Scrubbing Worthwhile?

From: Jack Applewhite <jack.applewhite_at_austinisd.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 20:52:50 +0000

18c EE DBs on ASM X8-2M ODAs at 18.8
19c EE DBs on ASM X5-2 ODA at 19.8

Would our very simple storage setup benefit from implementing / pursuing these two features? Doesn't ASM pretty much protect against OS / hardware induced block corruption?

Thanks.
--

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator Austin I.S.D. - MIS Department
512.414.9250 (wk)

I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. -- Mark Twain Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential student and/or employee information. Unauthorized use of disclosure is prohibited under the federal Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. §1232g, 34 CFR Part 99, 19 TAC 247.2, Gov't Code 552.023, Educ. Code 21.355, 29 CFR 1630.14(b)(c)). If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy or disseminate this information. Please call the sender immediately or reply by email and destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Oct 22 2020 - 22:52:50 CEST

Original text of this message