MpxTestDaemon

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 15:00:57 -0700

Dear list:

I am investigating a process 'MpxTestDaemon' on a Linux server (RedHat 6.9 as I recall).

This server is running Oracle 12.1, and has 1.5T of RAM.

It is a standalone server, not RAC.

There are some anomalous things occurring with this process.

For instance, at times pidstat reports impossible numbers of minflt/s (mem faults not requiring disk access) being performed: approx 1.85 * 10e18

Right now though all I am asking is this:

Does anyone know what this process is?

Neither Oracle nor the Google have anything helpful.

In Oracle's case, no references at all.

In the meantime, I shall see if I can find out what it is doing.

Thanks.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Principal Consultant at Pythian
Oracle ACE Alumni
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Github: https://github.com/jkstill