Re: Data transfer between EBS and Dynamics365

From: Arian Stijf <arian_at_stijf.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 19:32:15 +0200

Hi Tim,

I worked on a conversion to Dynamics 365, and on a number of integrations with other ERP systems.

As far as I know, there is indeed no off the shelf solution.

But my 2ct.

I'll assume you want to do real-time integration. There are no real suitable solutions for bulk-transfers.

For the inbound part, it is easiest to use Integrated Soa Gateway (ISG). For eBS 12.2 it offers REST-API's (SOAP if you also install SOA Suite) for most entities.

For the outbound part, there are XML Gateway or the Business Event System (BES).

XML Gateway is suitable for order and invoice information. It offers standard XML-formats for most transactions. But it is not suitable for customer master data.

BES needs custom PL/SQL or JAVA code to gather te required data. But in my opinion, they are easy to build and maintain. BES will take care of the appropriate XML formatting, headers and handling. It also offers a robust way of triggering the interface when data is entered or modified.

Let me know if you have any specific requests.

Kind regards,

Arian