Re: Excessive "latch: row cache objects" waits with simple INSERT statement

From: Thomas Kellerer <thomas.kellerer_at_mgm-tp.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 12:10:55 +0200

The trace files reveal some more weird behaviour.

For many SELECT statements, it seems that Oracle gathers statistics dynamically even though the relevant table have up-to-date statistics.

And the query itself (which does not use the GTT) causes "latch: row cache objects" as well.

(I obfuscated the table and user names in there)

Thomas