Re: Excessive "latch: row cache objects" waits with simple INSERT statement

From: Thomas Kellerer <thomas.kellerer_at_mgm-tp.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 11:16:06 +0200

Jonathan Lewis schrieb am 02.10.2020 um 10:45:
> I was under the impression that everyone using this table was connected at
> the creator of the object.

They are. There are no public synonyms other than the default ones provided by Oracle.

> If there are multiple users then you must either have a public synonym for
> it, or every user has a private synonym, or the statement used is not the
> statement supplied.

We have multiple users in that instance (similar/same schema for testing purposes), but each one has its own definition of the GTT and the GTT is only accessed by its owner.

The statement is generated by Hibernate and the table is automatically prefixed with current user.

> Recent versions of Oracle allow you to associate an OBJECT with a temporary
> tablespace

12.1 does not seem to be "recent" enough - at least ALTER TABLE MOVE to define a different tablespace is rejected with:

  ORA-14451: unsupported feature with temporary table

Regards
Thomas Kellerer