Re: Excessive "latch: row cache objects" waits with simple INSERT statement

From: Jonathan Lewis <jlewisoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 11:39:00 +0100

With two addresses for latch# = 411 that will be the child latches for dc_tablespaces and dc_users.
(It's in Oracle Core somewhere, but at the moment I can't remember how to connect (to prove) that your two child latch addresses correspond to those two dictionary cache entries.)

That's what I would expect for a very simple process of allocating and releasing a global temp table. I'm not sure you can do anything about that unless there's a known, fixed, bug in 12.1 that says something about the latches being held for too long during temp table space searches.

The rest of the high numbers for latch gets in the AWR report shouldn't be directly connected to the GTT, they look more like dictionary lookups for optimising statements (or maybe something to do with gathering stats - the code doesn't populate the gtt than try to gather stats on it, does it?"

Regards
Jonathan Lewis

the