Re: Any tips for switching between programming languages

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 14:24:43 -0700

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 12:19 PM Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Python sucks, especially when compared with Perl, but that's what everyone
> wants.

I will agree with that.

The power in Python is the libraries.

I have used Python, particularly in one project, simply because there was a Python library available that did what I needed.

Had the same library been available in Perl or GoLang, I would have used one of those.

As a language, I do not like Python.
I particularly dislike whitespace as syntax, which is a less than optimal design decision, at least in my opinion.