Re: Oracle Patch Conflict Checker

From: Tiwari, Yogesh <"Tiwari,>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 04:16:06 +0000

I take a screenshot of the error, each time, and upload it to SR. ☹

Thanks,
Yogi
Disclaimer: The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged or copyrighted material or attorney work product. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any comments or statements made are not necessarily those of Fidelity. All e-mails may be monitored or recorded.

From: "Tiwari, Yogesh" <Yogesh.Tiwari_at_fidelity.co.in> Date: Wednesday, 16 September 2020 at 9:41 AM To: "niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com" <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>, Keith Moore <keithmooredba_at_gmail.com> Cc: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>, "Tiwari, Yogesh" <Yogesh.Tiwari_at_fidelity.co.in> Subject: Re: Oracle Patch Conflict Checker

There hasn’t been a single event, when I successfully used MoS patch conflict checker. 😝

Thanks,
Yogi
Disclaimer: The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged or copyrighted material or attorney work product. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any comments or statements made are not necessarily those of Fidelity. All e-mails may be monitored or recorded.

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of "niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com" <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> Reply to: "niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com" <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> Date: Monday, 14 September 2020 at 10:28 PM To: Keith Moore <keithmooredba_at_gmail.com> Cc: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: Oracle Patch Conflict Checker

Thanks Keith!

In the end, I just added all my desired patches without an inventory file :( This is 19.8 and the latest opatch version so that might be relevant.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 4:44 PM Keith Moore <keithmooredba_at_gmail.com<mailto:keithmooredba_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Just uploaded again had no issues. This is Linux 12.1.0.2.200114.

Keith

On Sep 14, 2020, at 10:36 AM, niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com<mailto:niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Has anyone found that the MOS Patch Conflict checker is now rejecting inventory files as invalid?

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

--