Re: Database Hang On Shutdown

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 18:30:20 -0400

Well, since the database went down without problems, it is not overly important. However, the next time you can check alert log and see which process is taking its time and try using strace. You might also try with "top". The culprit should be active on CPU. If the instance isn't hanging, hanganalyze will not be very useful. However, if you ever need hanganalyze, the bare bones can be found here: http://mgogala.byethost5.com/oradebug.pdf . This article is in dire need of a refresh, it lacks anything about the "doc" utility for generating documentation. I will probably get to it by Thanksgiving.Regards

--
Mladen Gogala

Database Consultant

Tel: (347) 321-1217