Re: Archivelog Deletion Policy on Standby

From: Charlotte Hammond <"Charlotte>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 16:39:54 +0000 (UTC)

 Oddly, I can't reproduce this anymore.   On the standby when there have been no backups taken on the standby side, then the FRA just fills up with this policy and no archivelogs are automatically deleted.   Yes, that isn't great for the system but it is in this case more importantly what I'd expect to happen! Thanks,Charlotte

    On Thursday, August 13, 2020, 11:41:09 AM GMT+1, Frank Gordon <frankagordon_at_gmail.com> wrote:

 Hello,
Do you understand why the standby FRA is coming under space pressure?Does the primary FRA suffer from the same issue and do they differ? Regards,Frank

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 9:13 PM Franck Pachot <franck_at_pachot.net> wrote:

Hi, If they were backed up from the primary then they are seen they are backed up one time. Because it is tape, doesn't work the same for disk.Franck. On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 6:47 PM Charlotte Hammond <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> wrote:

Hello All,
I have the following set in the RMAN configuration on a **standby** database: CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG DELETION POLICY TO BACKED UP 1 TIMES TO 'SBT_TAPE'; However even if I don't run a backup (either on primary or standby) the archivelogs are being deleted to reduce pressure on the FRA. Is this the expected behavior on the standby? (Oracle 11.2.0.4) Thank You!Charlotte

--
+353-86-0695383