Re: Auto DOP

From: k.hadd <kouss.hd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 15:56:57 -0400

I remember having a bad performing query (12c) everytime it used the parallelism.

Disabling parallelism wasn't enough. We had to change the instance level parallelism for all tables/indexes even if it wasn't RAC DB ( I know weird).
in your case it's the other way around I guess. You can check the value for each involved object in your sql by adapting this query ( you can replace 0 and 1 with your default value) .

SELECT i.table_name,
       i.index_name,
       t.degree    table_degree,
       t.instances tab_instance,
       i.degree    index_degree,
       i.instances index_instance
FROM   dba_indexes i,
       dba_tables t

where t.owner='your_woner'
--- AND t.table in ( list of tables)
AND    i.table_name=t.table_name and (i.degree NOT IN('1','0')
OR     i.instances NOT IN ('1','0')
OR     t.degree NOT IN ('1','0')
OR     t.instances NOT IN ('1','0') ) ;

Thanks