Re: automating database creation

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 07:46:21 -0400

Well, Ansible can do the same thing as Puppet. If you have Ansible, you don't need Puppet. Also Vagrant can automate creating different classes of machines. Ansible installs software and runs create database scripts once machine is created but Vagrant can interact with VMWare and have different classes of virtual machines created: DB server, application server, www server with apache2 or nginx or any other class of machine you fancy. However. I would probably use RMAN "duplicate database" to create databases from backup.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant