Re: Oracle RAC on VMWare

From: Jose Rodriguez <jrodriguez2_at_pythian.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 09:49:59 +0200

Hi Amir,
I used to deploy RAC on VMWare years ago and it indeed has a couple caveats specifically about disks and network.
The way disks are presented to the VMs has been discussed over the years and there is even a deployment guide by VMWare themselves (it is quite old though).
https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/solutions/oracle/oracle-databases-vmware-rac-deployment-guide.pdf

About the network, we've found issues with dropped packets in the interconnect network. We were unable to pinpoint the cause and the impact on performance was not noticeable after some minor tweaks to the network parameters so we stopped there.

Just my 2 cents.

[image: Pythian] <http://www.pythian.com/> *Jose Rodriguez* | Data Project Engineer | [image: LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/pythian> *t* +1 613 565 8696 <+1+613+565+8696> *ext.* 1393 *m* +34 607 55 49 91 <+34+607+55+49+91>
jrodriguez2_at_pythian.com
*www.pythian.com* <https://www.pythian.com/> [image: Pythian] <https://www.pythian.com/email-footer-click>