Re: Oracle database HA on VMWare without using RAC

From: Rich J <rich242j_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 10:58:41 -0500

In discussions with Oracle about a licensing check for our proposed DR solution years ago, we were emphatically informed that the Oracle software binaries must be licensed on all servers. When I explained that the DR piece in question was not the same architecture and that it would be impossible to run AIX binaries on storage that could only be mounted to x86-64, we were told that it didn't matter and it must be licensed. We ended up excluding the binaries and making the software installation part of the DR, which affected RTO targets, of course.

YMMV Rich