Re: Execute Count in AWR Report

From: Jonathan Lewis <jlewisoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 19:05:06 +0100

 My first question is why isn't the first run counted in the AWR?

The AWR takes a snapshot of what's currently in the library cache, the report then calculates the difference between one snapshot and the next. In your case a viable scenario would be:

12:00:00 - statement not in the library cache
12:04:51 - statement executes for the first time and gets into library cache
12:07:31 - statement finishes first execution and is no longer pinned in
library cache
12:10:00 - statement is flushed from library cache 12:13:21 - statement executes for the second time and is reloaded into the library cache
12:14:52 - statement finishes first execution and is no longer pinned in library cache
13:00:00 - statement is still in the library cache and is captured in the
snapshot

AWR reports difference between snapshots - the first execution was never captured, the report shows only stats for the second execution.

My second question is whether the other reported valuers for the statement such as User I/O wait time , buffer gets, and disk reads are also only for the second run?
I would expect so.
You could run of the awrsqrpt report for the statement for the interval and see what that said about number of executions, work done per execution etc.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis