OLVM on VirtualBox

From: Uwe Küchler <uwe_at_kuechler.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 22:35:53 +0200

Dear oracle-l'ers,

I'm astonished there's not post at all on OLVM yet to be found on this list. Well, here's the first one, then! :-)

I'm trying to get an R&D environment for OLVM running on my Laptop in VirtualBox (6.1.8).
Installation of the engine and one KVM host works, but as soon as I try to start the first VM, an error is thrown and the VM remains in pause mode.

The Laptop runs on an Intel Core i7 8565U CPU, which features VT-x and VT-d, the virtualization features necessary to run nested virtualization.
Nested virtualization is turned on for the KVM Host VM. "grep vmx /proc/cpuinfo" shows vmx is available.

Before i bore the heck out of you with a log file:

Has anyone here managed to run OLVM on VirtualBox?

Cheers,
Uwe