impdp and indexes

From: Orlando L <oralrnr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:17:20 -0500

I am importing a 9TB warehouse into another server. the index recreation part seems to take forever. I have used EXCLUDE=INDEX option before elsewhere, but not in this run. But creating index creation scripts can be somewhat tedious, with indexes and partitions. etc if I go with the exclude index option. How do you guys speed up index creation with impdp? I also ran into this link
<
https://mikedietrichde.com/2015/04/10/parallel-index-creation-with-data-pump-import/>, which says that the patch may or may not improve the situation :(

Plus, I also see that the index creation is running in parallel with the degree I chose for the IMPDP task. I am guessing I can bump up the degree from current 12 to say 24 since most resources are idle. We have 24 cores, plenty of memory and nothing else is running in this server till I complete this setup.

PS. What is the deal with session long ops? It shows that that import would be over in 2 seconds for about 20 hours.

Orlando.