Re: TNS alias synonym entry

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 16:26:59 -0400

The other thing you could do is have two LDAP servers, LDAP01 and LDAP02, and from each host, point to either LDAP01 or LDAP02. And in each LDAP server, you could defice a MONIT net service name, each pointing to a different database.

Also, depending on your situation (size and complexity of your installation), you may want to use an SRV record to define which LDAP server each host talks to, which in turn would define the MONIT service accordingly.

Hope that's clear.

I blogged about this many years ago, and while version numbers have no doubt advanced, I'm pretty sure it should still all work correctly. See here:
https://markjbobak.wordpress.com/2013/10/08/using-openldap-for-net-service-name-resolution/

-Mark