RE: How to run commands as Oracle linux user in Jenkins

From: William Beldman <wbeldma_at_uwo.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 23:22:24 +0000

You might be able to insert a sudo in the script but you would probably need to configure passwordless sudo.

Alternatively, you can do what we do which is a direct login: Configure the node to “Launch slave agents via SSH” and set the credentials on the node for the oracle user. Then when you write a job, you configure it to run on that node.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of kunwar singh Sent: May 18, 2020 11:54 AM
To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: How to run commands as Oracle linux user in Jenkins

Hi Listers,
I am learning Jenkins for automating oracle database installation etc.

I have a question, i installed Jenkins.

How do i run commands as Oracle linux user. In other words how to i switch to Oracle user

When i hit build now inside Jenkins Dashboard and see the "Console Output" I see this.

Started by user Admin
Running as SYSTEM
Building in workspace /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/Databaseinstallation [Databaseinstallation] $ /bin/sh -xe /tmp/jenkins8356574915939683433.sh + whoami
jenkins

Apologies in advance as it is a basic question, but i am new to this :)

I reviewed few blog posts but not able to get past it.

This is my Jenkins version.
<version>2.222.3</version>

--

Cheers,