AW: Role owership in oracle

From: <ahmed.fikri_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 19:20:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Does it make a difference for the database if a role was created by User A or User B? I think who created a role, a user, a directory, etc. is irrelevant information for the database, so I think it is not saved anywhere and I think that's exactly what Oracle implemented auditing for.

Regards
Ahmed

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Betreff: Role owership in oracle
Datum: 2020-05-17T18:15:18+0200
Von: "Sumit Kumar T" <dba.tyagisumit_at_gmail.com> An: "Oracle L" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>

Hi All,

Is there any concept of ownership of roles in oracle . If I login from user XYZ and execute
Create role abc ;
We get an entry in dba_role_privs for grantee xyz and admin_option YES. Now if user XYZ grant this same role to some other user with admin option we will have 2 entries now .
Is there any way we can find out who create any given role at first place ( without audit views and we may not maintain audit data forever) .Any X$ view from oracle which capture this info ?

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sun May 17 2020 - 19:20:26 CEST

Original text of this message