Re: reads by KTSJ

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 17:34:07 -0400

Ok I managed to forget which events you saw as I read through the thread :-)

There are also V$SYSSTAT/V$SESSTAT metrics related to ASSM segment fixing:

SQL> _at_sys ASSM%fix

NAME
           VALUE

ASSM bg: segment fix monitor

            1845
ASSM fg: submit segment fix task

               0
ASSM bg:mark segment for fix

               0
ASSM bg:create segment fix task

              0
ASSM bg:slave fix one segment

              0
ASSM bg:slave fix state

              0

You could look into AWR and check if you have any unusual numbers there - or run Snapper on the Wnnn processes when the problem happens again.

Also, assuming that the Wnnn slaves haven't exited, you can just check the current V$SESSTAT values (_at_ses2 shows any matching metrics with non-zero values):

SQL> _at_ses2 "select sid from v$session where program like '%(W%'" ASSM%fix

       SID NAME
     VALUE
---------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
----------