Oracle 19c - External Procs Error

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_rit.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 20:02:29 +0000

We have an external procedure, written in c, that sends Oracle errors to the system log. It was running without issue until I applied the April PSU. Now it gets an "ORA-28595: Extproc agent : Invalid DLL Path."

The configuration is this:
The listener.ora file contains:

    (SID_DESC =

      (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
      (ORACLE_HOME = /oracle/app/product/19.0.0.0)
      (PROGRAM = extproc)
      (ENVS = "EXTPROC_DLLS=ONLY:/oracle/data/scripts/lib/syslog.so")
    )

The library is here:
oracle_at_dbmon05:DBMONITR>ls

syslog.bak3  syslog.o      syslog.so         syslog.so.bak  test.o
syslog.c     syslog.o.bak  syslog.so.051120  test.c         test.so
oracle_at_dbmon05:DBMONITR>pwd
/oracle/data/scripts/lib

The library in the database is:
SQL> select library_name, file_spec from user_libraries;

LIBRARY_NAME

FILE_SPEC

RIT_SYSLOG_LIB
/oracle/data/scripts/lib/syslog.so

The procedure is:
CREATE OR REPLACE procedure ITS_MON.rit_audit_syslog(message in char) as external

   name "loggr"
   library rit_syslog_lib
   language c
   parameters (message string);
/

I created a basic test procedure:
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE ITS_MON.AUDIT_LOG_CAPTURE_TEST2 AS begin

   rit_audit_syslog('Test');
end;
/

When I execute this, I get the following: SQL> exec audit_log_capture_test2;
BEGIN audit_log_capture_test2; END;

*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-28595: Extproc agent : Invalid DLL Path
ORA-06512: at "ITS_MON.RIT_AUDIT_SYSLOG", line 1
ORA-06512: at "ITS_MON.AUDIT_LOG_CAPTURE_TEST2", line 4
ORA-06512: at line 1

I have dropped and recreated the library and the procedure. I have recompiled the c program and recreated the library (syslog.so). I opened an SR and was told that the April PSU "shouldn't cause this to fail". I don't know where else to go with it. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Scott Canaan '88
Sr Database Administrator
Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology
o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520
srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu> | c: (585) 339-8659

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.