Re: ORA-12367 with 19c Client

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 21:46:37 -0700

thanks Sayan, I will review this info.

I've seen issues in the past with Windows lack of OOB support.

I believe it is windows TCP that gave birth to the break_poll_skip parameter.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 18:11 Sayan Malakshinov <xt.and.r_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jared,
>
> It's supported on windows too:
> https://support.microsoft.com/en-za/help/830597/how-to-send-multiple-byte-out-of-band-data-by-using-winsock
>
> In my case the same oracle thick client on windows could connect to Oracle
> 19.5 on Linux in local network, but not to the same database in Amazon aws
> though VPN. Disabling OOB helped.
>
> вт, 28 апр. 2020 г., 3:56 Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 12:42 PM Clay Jackson (cjackson) <
>> Clay.Jackson_at_quest.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Out-of-Band break capability is a “good thing”, and people should be
>>> aware that it might not be supported (or, “is broken”) on their platform;
>>> but, failure seems a bit extreme – what’s the consensus on the “best” way
>>> to file enhancement requests these days?
>>>
>>> Unless there has been recent (semi-recent?) change, OOB is not supported
>> on Thick Windows clients.
>>
>> The Windoze TCP stack doesn't support OOB.
>>

> --
Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Principal Consultant at Pythian
Oracle ACE Alumni
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Github: https://github.com/jkstill