DR Apply and transport Lag

From: Jack van Zanen <jack_at_vanzanen.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 10:01:44 +1100

Hi All

I have a dataguard standby (12.2.0.1) that is reporting Transport and apply lag since this morning
The Network team have looked at the link and can not see anything obviously wrong.

My alert log does not show anything going wrong.

As you can see below there is movement..I can check from the database that logs are getting across and applied, just slow

Any pointers as to what I can check next?

DGMGRL> show database "PRODUCTIONMEL"

Database - PRODUCTIONMEL

  Role:               PHYSICAL STANDBY
  Intended State:     APPLY-ON
  Transport Lag:      27 minutes 24 seconds (computed 8 seconds ago)
  Apply Lag:          32 minutes 33 seconds (computed 4 seconds ago)
  Average Apply Rate: 3.88 MByte/s
  Real Time Query: ON
  Instance(s):
    PRODUCTION1
    PRODUCTION2 (apply instance)

  Database Warning(s):
    ORA-16853: apply lag has exceeded specified threshold     ORA-16855: transport lag has exceeded specified threshold

Database Status:
WARNING DGMGRL> / Database - PRODUCTIONMEL

  Role:               PHYSICAL STANDBY
  Intended State:     APPLY-ON
  Transport Lag:      23 minutes 36 seconds (computed 6 seconds ago)
  Apply Lag:          28 minutes 27 seconds (computed 4 seconds ago)
  Average Apply Rate: 3.90 MByte/s
  Real Time Query: ON
  Instance(s):
    PRODUCTION1
    PRODUCTION2 (apply instance)

  Database Warning(s):
    ORA-16853: apply lag has exceeded specified threshold     ORA-16855: transport lag has exceeded specified threshold

Database Status:
WARNING DGMGRL> Jack van Zanen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Apr 01 2020 - 01:01:44 CEST

Original text of this message