Re: Obj$ table

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:33:11 +0000

Probably:
00701, 00000, "object necessary for warmstarting database cannot be altered"

I think this is a message you get for any object above the "//" point in what is now dcore.bsq, though things have changed a lot for pluggable databases and there are also "pseudo-bootstrap" objects that might also trigger the same error.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Lothar Flatz <l.flatz_at_bluewin.ch> Sent: 31 March 2020 09:08
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Obj$ table

Changing the structure is prevented. Error message should be something like "you don't want to tamper with the boot strap."  Defragment I don't know. It would depend on the command. I would think of "alter table move".

Am 31.03.2020 um 05:25 schrieb Stefan Knecht: Generally speaking, you don't want to do that, ever. It will render your database unsupported and possibly broken. Obj$ is an internal object that should never be modified in any way.

As Tim has said, why don't you state your observations, and how the problem you are experiencing manifests itself.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 7:17 AM Ali Alizadeh <rali.alizadeh_at_gmail.com<mailto:rali.alizadeh_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Hello expert
I am trying to defragment obj$ table.
Has anyone done this before?

I appreciate any suggestions !
Regards,
Ali

//
zztat - The Next-Gen Oracle Performance Monitoring and Reaction Framework! Visit us at zztat.net<http://zztat.net/> | _at_zztat_oracle | fb.me/zztat<http://fb.me/zztat> | zztat.net/blog/<http://zztat.net/blog/>

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Mar 31 2020 - 14:33:11 CEST

Original text of this message