Recreating grid and Oracle files on the OS boot disk

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 20:41:04 +0000

Hi,
We are in the process of upgrading our OS from RHEL 6 to RHEL 7 for multiple servers running Oracle Grid and Oracle RAC. The OS upgrade process that our data center is going to follow is shown below:
1. Install RHEL 7 on a separate disk
2. Detach the OS disk that contains RHEL 6 image
3. Attach the OS disk that contains RHEL 7 image

With this process any Grid and RAC related files residing in /etc or other places are going to be lost. Is there a way to recreate those files without having to copy them from the old OS disk to the new OS disk? For example, the Grid installation process creates files like /etc/rc.d/init.d/gcstartup, etc. Is there a way to recreate those files so that we don't have to worry about manually copying those files from the old OS disk?

Thanks,
Amir