Re: Fwd: RE: convert big endian to medium endian

From: Ahmed Fikri <gherrami_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 18:39:13 +0100

our application is complex enough and is used in the five continents. But we have already successfully tested the migration to a UAT environment using XTTS (approx. 8 days downtime). The downtime is due to many bugs in the datapump and we have no possibility to apply patches (unfortunately target DB is still 12.1 - this year we can definitely not go to 12.2 or 18). We are in the process of doing a test to make the migration schema by schema. The application is well partitioned, we will first only migrate the vital objects etc. (that was also the suggestion from Tanel Poder). And that's also what I want so that some nodes in the application are physically separated. I am confident that this will work.

Thanks and regards
Ahmed