Re: Hugepages usage

From: Ram K <lambu999_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 17:43:13 -0600

Thanks Keith and Andrew.

SQL> sho parameter use_large_p

NAME                                 TYPE                             VALUE
------------------------------------ --------------------------------
------------------------------
use_large_pages                      string                           TRUE
SQL>

SQL>
SQL> sho parameter memory
NAME                                 TYPE                             VALUE
------------------------------------ --------------------------------
------------------------------
memory_max_target                    big integer                      32G
memory_target                        big integer                      32G
SQL>
SQL>
SQL> sho parameter sga

NAME                                 TYPE                             VALUE
------------------------------------ --------------------------------
------------------------------
lock_sga                             boolean                          FALSE
pre_page_sga                         boolean                          TRUE
sga_max_size                         big integer                      30G
sga_target                           big integer                      30G
unified_audit_sga_queue_size         integer
 1048576
SQL>

Given that AMM is set, can I assume that ASMM is not enabled and the 'sga' parameters (sga_max_size and sga_target) are for the high values only?

Once the hugepages is enabled at the OS level and if I try to restart with the above AMM settings can I assume the restart will not happen because AMM and huge pages are not compatible?

PS. the server has 64Gb memory.

--
Thanks,
Ram.