Re: wait event name for deferred constraints

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 09:56:59 +0000

Coincidentally I've just re-discovered some comments about the mechanisms of deferrable constraints made by Valentin Nikotin on one of my blog notes from a few years back: https://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/online-rebuild-2/#comment-49904

You might find them interesting.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of McPeak, Matt (Consultant) <vxsmimmcp_at_subaru.com> Sent: 31 January 2020 18:30
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: wait event name for deferred constraints

If I have “FAST REFRESH ON COMMIT” materialized view, multiple sessions causing refreshes may experience an “enq: JI – contention” wait event.

I assume a similar serialization has to happen to enforce deferred constraints? If that is true, does anyone know what the wait event would be?

Thanks!
Matt