Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: GI version 18 or 19c?

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 15:32:11 -0500

One difference I have noticed with 19c, over 12.2 or 18c, is in using ASM Filter Driver. When you do 'asmcmd afd_label label_name /dev/nvme10n1p1, on 12.2 or 18c, it takes *forever*....up to a minute or more, in my case. No errors, and it does work fine, it's just exceedingly slow. In 19c, I get sub-second response time. I haven' drilled down to see what's going on, I'm just happy it's resolved in 19c.

Again, this is on Linux.

-Mark