Re: One Million User Accounts

From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 08:06:07 -0700

Well, theoretically, since all Apex apps reside in the database, Apex applications can scale to whatever your database can scale to. It all depends on which authentication method you choose for how well it work in practice though. LDAP is probably more convenient for users (one less password), can also be problematic with the cloud, especially for Government applications. Then you'll probably need SAML 2.0, which is a real pain to get setup. But standard database authentication can easily scale to whatever you want, and you can also include your own password validation functions.

Bill Ferguson

--
-- Bill Ferguson