Re: OEM 13c question - How to mitigate false positives (noise) without clicking :)

From: <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 16:40:58 +0000

Hi Koss

You want to look at
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/doc.121/e24473/mon_temp.htm#EMADM12269 and probably define your own monitoring groups and appropriate templates. We base our admin groups on the monitoring property Lifecycle Status with more monitoring for production rather than non-production targets. I'd also strongly suggest that you create your own templates and strip out the *thresholds* (not the collection of the metric) for a lot/if not most of the default metrics. The way I think of metric templates is as "the base level of monitoring and alerting which all targets should get", you should end up with a lot of metric data in metric history, but not a lot of alerting noise.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA