RE: One Million User Accounts

From: <dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 10:02:58 -0800

Most application designs don’t use individual accounts at the database or OS for authentication, as users are normally stored in a table or service that is backed by a cache and customized authentication methods are used.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Mladen Gogala Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 9:58 AM
To: Gogala, Mladen (Parsippany) <mladen.gogala_at_Fiserv.com>; howard.latham_at_gmail.com; Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com> Cc: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: One Million User Accounts

Sorry, I have confused BT with BP. British Telecom is probably not in the business of causing environmental disasters in the Gulf. However, the large number of users can be authenticated on the OS level. I don't think that every user must have her/his username in the database.

On 1/21/20 12:50 PM, Gogala, Mladen (Parsippany) wrote:

One for every fish and crab they killed in the Gulf of Mexico?

https://www.cafepress.com/mf/40888440/bp-oil-spill_tshirt?productId=448943824

--

Andrew W. Kerber