Re: Goldengate and DW

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 10:16:04 -0500

Ram, GG and DG are different products. Logical standby DB is still just a copy of the database, despite all of the dbms_logstdby.skip rules. GG, on the other hand, is just a database replication product. You can do symmetric replication, which is not something you can do with DG. GG has a whole different set of rules and is, in my opinion, much better for creating a DW.

On 1/13/20 2:16 PM, Ram Raman wrote:
> Listers,
> Can we consider GG (goldengate) for replication of our multi TB data
> warehouse. Anything nuances, surprises there? Between GG and Dataguard
> which one can be a better product.
> Licensing cost is NOT an issue.
>
> Thanks
> Ram