Re: Oracle osuser in v$session

From: Timur Akhmadeev <timur.akhmadeev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 14:08:18 +0300

Prior to Java 9 there was no
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35842/how-can-a-java-program-get-its-own-process-id> platform-independent way to get PID from inside of a Java program, so JDBC driver used 1234 as a default value (can be customized with -Dv\$session.process=something if you want to) Java 10 compliant JDBC driver doesn't use the new API so JDBC clients will continue to use 1234 as v$session.process for some time.

--
Regards
Timur Akhmadeev