Full /root/2 directory

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <"MacGregor,>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 01:51:23 +0000

I installed oracle a few months ago on RHEL7 on top of vmware. Today I received mail fro a system saying the root directory was full and pointing me to /root/2 which was used by the installer. There were no errors during the installation and the database is fine.

/root/2 is taking up about 12G of the 16G allocated. I'm not sure why the files were not removed. Both root.sh the oracle inventory root script were run.

Any ideas as to why it wasn't cleaned up andshow to proceed.

Ian A. MacGregor
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Computing Division
To offer the best IT service at the lab and be the IT provider of choice.