Re: rename PDB during duplicate of CDB

From: Tim Hall <tim_at_oracle-base.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 16:52:30 +0000

> Hi.

IMHO the problem is you are using RMAN to do the clone, when you should be using a PDB clone. :) Of course I don't know the specifics about your requirement, but I can't remember needing an RMAN clone since I switched to PDBs. Using the PDB approach also means it's super simple to rename the PDB.

https://oracle-base.com/articles/12c/multitenant-hot-clone-remote-pdb-or-non-cdb-12cr2

 I try to think of the CDBs as irrelevant buckets that hold the bits that matter (the PDBs). You can script the build of a CDB and just throw it away if you want a clean one. Then just clone the PDBs into it.

Once you go PDB, many operations become PDB-centric, rather than instance-centric.

Cheers

Tim...