Re: Check my understanding of Oracle licensing

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 16:38:10 -0500

Go read Animal Farm.

Meager Intel threads were no match for SPARC processors.

Nor were IBM POWER CPUs at the time, marketing-wise. They received a 0.75 discount.

Some processors were more equal than others.

Around that time there was an O'Reilly text from Cary Milsap that discussed queuing theory. For Intel/AMD x86/x86_64 after 8 cores the system had an adverse response in net throughput as the core count increased. It might have even peaked at 4 cores.

Happy seasonal time of year to log off from the VPN. Enjoy.

Mladen, you can do better than this feeble attempt.

Pd