Oracle Authentication pw/ssl parallel

From: Martin Klier - Performing Databases GmbH <martin.klier_at_performing-db.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 11:46:43 +0100 (CET)

Dear Listers,

is there a way to use a DB user with password OR SSL certificates in parallel?

Background: We have an app, that connects with a single DB user (end user auth is in the app). Supporters and developers are using the same DB user as the app does, to reproduce issues and solve problems. We'd want a way to change the password for the humans at regular intervals, with no need to touch the application's config. We have the chance to make the app use certificates. But we have no chance, to move the whole "zoo" of people, tools and whatever to using certificates, too.

We are running Java 8 and DB 12.1, but I won't exclude an upgrade if it helps on the long term.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!
Martin

--

Martin Klier // Performing Databases GmbH Managing Partner // Senior DB Consultant Oracle ACE Director

martin.klier_at_performing-db.com // https://www.performing-databases.com

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Nov 27 2019 - 11:46:43 CET

Original text of this message