Re: Query with Bind variables hangs but hard coded literals works fine

From: Andy Klock <andy_at_oracledepot.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 10:27:07 -0500

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 9:46 AM Chris Taylor < christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> NOTE: These require access to the SQL Tuning & Diagnostics pack so if
> you're org didn't pay for that pack, I wouldn't recommend these.

Good stuff, but SQL Profiles also require Enterprise Edition :(

Baselines, however, don't. I'd be interested to see if just rolling back the optimizer version (optimizer_features_enable) to 12.1.0.2 produces the same old "good" plan. And if it does, perhaps a baseline could be "faked".

Andy K

PS. If this has already been suggested, apologies for the repeat.