Primavera Client Connecting Issue after upgrading to P6V17 version.

From: nilesh kumar <nileshkum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 14:48:53 +0530

Hello Gurus,

Hope Everyone is well !!

I have an issue in Primavera database after upgrade.

Current Version of Primavera: P6V7- SP3 ( Oracle database version: 11g running on Windows 2008 R2)
Upgraded to : P6V17 ( Oracle database version 12.2.0.1 on Windows 2016)

Steps Folllowed:
Method used for upgrade was exported the schema users :- ADMUSER,PRIVUSER,PUBUSER from source database and imported to target database using datapump.
After import I followed the upgrade guide steps " https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E80668_01/English/Upgrading/p6_pro_manual_upgrade_oracle/p6_pro_manual_upgrade_oracle.pdf"
"

Installed Primavera client P6V17 on application server and trying to connect using the connection string.
NLS Parameters on source and target are same and all the Oracle component are installed including multimedia and Oracle Text.

During the connectivity I face the error as

APPLICATION ERROR

*Exception EVirtualTableError in module PM.exe at 0000000000AD3C79.TCVirtualTable.OptFieldIndexOf: VTable is not loaded - PROJECT. * Working with Oracle but so far no proper satisfactory response..

I tried to trace using SQLMonitor as per oracle suggestion and at one perticular table it stops as below, when I tried to query the table in toad I get "ORA-29275: partial multibyte character - Database".

SQL Monitor log:

22/11/2019 13:56:53 -- 0ms
begin id:255909808
 Token: SELECT RSRC_CATG_TYPE_ID, SEQ_NUM, RSRC_CATG_SHORT_LEN, RSRC_CATG_TYPE, SUPER_FLAG FROM RCATTYPE ORDER BY 1 22/11/2019 13:56:53 -- 434ms
executed id:255909808
 Token:

22/11/2019 13:56:53 -- 0ms
end id:255909808
 Token: ->FetchCount: 0

22/11/2019 13:56:53 -- 0ms
begin id:255887024
 Token:PRIMAVERA_EVENT PRIMAVERA_EVENT
Parameters:
1 PAPP_NAME (ftWideString) = Project Management 2 POPERATION (ftWideString) = Login
3 PACTION (ftWideString) = END
4 PUSER_ID (ftInteger) = 221
5 PUSER_NAME (ftWideString) = <NULL>
6 PSESSION_ID (ftInteger) = 75353
7 PEVENT_DATA (ftWideString) = <NULL>

22/11/2019 13:56:53 -- 142ms
executed id:255887024
 Token:PRIMAVERA_EVENT

No issues faced during the upgrade,have verified the logs. Could you please help to fix the issue. Your help/sugestion are highly appreciated.

--
Thanks & Regards
Nilesh

"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness
surrounding it."--Einstein
"All men die, few men ever truly live" -- Braveheart
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot
by yourself, sitting alone in a room." --Dr. Seuss
"Know me for what I do and for not what I am. Judge me for what I can do
and not for what I have done."-Unknown
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may
not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."- Albert Camus
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat
you with experience." - Unknown -- Thanks & Regards Nilesh Oracle DBA (sqlplus "/as sysdba" is my world)
you with experience." - Unknown -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l