Re: optimizer uses objects in Recyclebin or not!- Bug?

From: Vishnu Potukanuma <vishnupotukanuma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 21:59:31 +0530

Now that you mention it houri, this raises a different issue probably unless we test.. we are not 100% sure whether the statisitics history and/or synoposis collected will be dropped as well... as per the documentation,.

When you drop a table, workload information used by the auto-histogram gathering feature and saved statistics history used by the RESTORE_*_STATS procedures
is lost. Without this data, these features do not function properly. To remove all rows from a table, and to restore these statistics with DBMS_STATS, use TRUNCATE instead of dropping and re-creating the same table.

Thanks,
Vishnu