Oracle 19c Upgrade Failed

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_rit.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 15:12:26 +0000

We have done over 70 Oracle 19c upgrades (from 12.1.0.2), using dbua, without any failures. Today, I tried to run through one and it failed. The failure is with the SYS.ALERT_QUE stuff:

QL> select substr(owner||'.'||object_name,1,45), substr(object_type,1,15)   2 from dba_objects where status <> 'VALID' order by 1,2;

SUBSTR(OWNER||'.'||OBJECT_NAME,1,45) SUBSTR(OBJECT_T
--------------------------------------------- ---------------

SYS.ALERT_QT                                  TABLE
SYS.ALERT_QUE                                 QUEUE
SYS.ALERT_QUE$1                               RULE
SYS.ALERT_QUE$1                               RULE SET
SYS.ALERT_QUE_N                               RULE SET
SYS.ALERT_QUE_R                               RULE SET
SYS.AQ$_ALERT_QT_E                            QUEUE
SYS.AQ$_ALERT_QT_F                            VIEW
SYS.AQ$_ALERT_QT_V                            EVALUATION CONT
SYS.AQ$ALERT_QT                               VIEW

I tried to drop and rebuild this and it worked, except that about 50 other items then because invalid and would not validate. Looking online, I found a suggestion to run catproc, so I tried that and ended up back where I started, with the SYS.ALERT_QUE stuff invalid again.

The only issue I ran into in the pre-upgrade steps was that it complained that job_queue_processes was set to 0. The suggestion was to either remove it from the spfile or set it to a non-zero value. I chose to remove it.

I am in the process of restoring the database from the last backup, but I am not sure how to proceed as I'm sure if I just try to upgrade again, it will fail with the same error.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this and how to fix / avoid it?

Stats:
Original version: 12.1.0.2
New version: 19.4.0.0
O/S: Red Hat 7

Thank you,

Scott Canaan '88
Sr Database Administrator
Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology
o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520
srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu> | c: (585) 339-8659

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Nov 22 2019 - 16:12:26 CET

Original text of this message