RE: Goldengate MA usage

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 16:19:32 -0500

If indeed your question is completely general, you can find a list of resources by entering

goldengate MA oracle documentation

and/or

goldengate microservices architecture oracle documentation

into your favorite search engine and selecting. I don’t know whether there are any “expert” summaries of the full technical topic yet.

if you have just begun with goldengate at all, as opposed to being facile with goldengate and just curious about the MA part, then I urge you to find someone for at least a ramp-up technology transfer ?month? or so to get you started in the right direction. Some very good people specialize in getting you launched well so that pretty soon you won’t need them except perhaps for something interesting and challenging later.

Goldengate is so feature rich that it is the technology equivalent of trying to eat something bigger than your head. Never try to eat something bigger than your head, except possibly cotton candy. This is NOT cotton candy.

Good luck.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Kerber Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:39 PM To: thierry gascard
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Goldengate MA usage

Thats a pretty general question. Can you ask a more specific question? Are you having a problem?

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 2:06 PM thierry gascard <tgascard_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all,

We started to use oracle goldengate 19c MA for a critical project and it is difficult to find technical stuff. Does anyone started to use it ? Any advice ?

Thank you

--

Andrew W. Kerber