Re: 11gr2 on ms w2k8r2 bitlocker

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 21:11:18 -0500

Bitlocker is disk encryption software.  Documentation is easy to find:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/information-protection/bitlocker/bitlocker-overview

It has raving reviews:

https://www.trustradius.com/products/bitlocker-drive-encryption/reviews

My company's PC is using Bitlocker and it doesn't slow the PC by much. There are also some issues:

https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/you-cant-trust-bitlocker-to-encrypt-your-ssd-on-windows-10/

All in all, Bitlocker seems to be a decent product. I wouldn't install Oracle on it, especially not red logs. Hopefully, this answers your question. Kellyn works for MS, she may be able to help even more.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant