Re: oracle v SS

From: Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 10:34:51 -0600

I didn't see this recent MS announcement of free "passive" licensing for HA/DR in this thread:

https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2019/10/30/new-high-availability-and-disaster-recovery-benefits-for-sql-server/

That seems...huge. Oracle has had some great announcements recently, like with the PDB extension and Free Autonomous offering, but nothing to this scale.

Rich