Re: Active directory DB authentication

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 08:08:07 -0700

re LDAP, your illustrious list admin, Mark Bobak, and I simultaneously worked out howmto use OpenLDAP to resolve Oracle Names, including aliases.

I still use it today on my home network.

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 06:37 Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/19/19 12:18 AM, Jared Still wrote:
>
> check the docs, I believe Oracle can work directly with Active Directory
>
> https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/win.111/b32010/active_dir.htm#CDEFFHAD
>

> I can confirm that, Oracle works well with AD. Oracle LDAP client works
> with AD.
>
> AD owns the market and can even be used to authenticate on Linux. In
> other words,
>
> Linux system can join Windows domain. Oracle refusing to support OpenLDAP
> and
>
> coming up with their ridiculous OID server was one of bigger
> disappointments in
>
> Oracle. Total dominance of the AD is the price that Oracle has paid for
> that mistake.
>

> On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 11:31 Suraj ramesh <surajmalliramesh_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello List,
>>
>> For example we have 200 Dbs running in 11gr2/12.2 versions on around 15
>> RHEL servers.
>>
>> From Windows jump box,Dba's login to each DB server with individual os
>> user ID via puttty and connect to DB by providing username and password. Is
>> it possible by using Active directory authentication whether we can able to
>> login to DB without providing DB credentials?
>>

>> Thanks and regards,
>> Suraj.
>>
> --
> Jared Still
> Principal Consultant at Pythian
> Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/
> Github: https://github.com/jkstill
>

> --
> Mladen Gogala
> Database Consultant
> Tel: (347) 321-1217
>
> --
Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Principal Consultant at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Github: https://github.com/jkstill