RE: Learn Cloud or Do Oracle OCM ..confused

From: Clay Jackson (cjackson) <"Clay>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 17:41:04 +0000

To be brutally honest - Certifications in general are a good indicator of someone’s ability to memorize answers and “parrot” responses. While I’ve found Oracle Certifications “better than most” as far as “suitability for employment in a specific organization” indicators; they are still just ONE factor in a complex human interaction.

So, this “Grumpy Old Guy’s” recommendation would be to concentrate on the “human factors”, learning about why IT is important to business, how to interact with people on project teams, how to adapt to change, and being a good “generalist” as opposed to some specific technology which will be out of date by the time you get your certification.

Clay Jackson

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of kunwar singh Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2019 6:52 AM To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Learn Cloud or Do Oracle OCM ..confused

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not follow guidance, click links, or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi all,

What would be more beneficial in the long term in your opinion?

Oracle OCM certification (and things learned during its time preparation ) or learning cloud .

I don’t want to do both as don’t get much free time and want to gain expert level knowledge so that I am gainfully employed for next 5 years or so .

I am oracle performance dba in my current role .

So looking for insights on what community members here think .

I am interested in both , but thinking what value OCM will hold with all the cloud focus these days . In my job I am getting chance to play with python , so atleast I am learning a new skill currently too.

Rgds,
Kunwar

--

Cheers,